-5deg. Winter has definitely come to Montana. Oh and there's a Blizzard warning today.
I was under the impression you burn more calories when you're cold. After my walk to and from school I looked that up and apparently you burn the same amount. The energy that usually makes us sweat just instead goes to heating us. I did learn one thing: on my walk I HAVE to wear long johns.
Update on the to-do list I posted last sunday
1) eating: I'm doing pretty good, except for the football party and the 6 layer dip. Definitely reigning myself in from all the holiday things I want to gobble!
2) exercise. I think I exercised everyday, Friday it was only my walk to school and home but at least it was something. I didn't get my 5 yoga sessions in until last night, but I have done 3 weight routines.
3) Homework and applications: I stopped filling out the fellowship application but now I have to work on the program application for me to transfer. I thought it was a short essay but it's a 5-8 PAGE essay. Definitely will be working on that for the next month. AND I have no homework over this Thanksgiving weekend.
4) The lost DVD = FOUND. Apparently in my crazy running around I mindlessly dropped the dvd off at my aunt and uncle's.
1) Work, exercise, eat healthy.
2) Mentoring. Each week I spend an hour with him at his school. About a 10 minute drive but I'm not sure with this blizzard warning.
3) Grocery shopping and baking. We're in charge of vegetables so here's our menu: Sweet potatoes, green beans with ginger butter, cranberry sauce, and cabbage slaw.
4) Thursday morning "Huffing for Stuffing". Hopefully it will be above 0deg for my 5K.
What's your to-do list this week?