Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What did I just agree too?


I was having lunch with a couple of friends....well my aunts running friends. Thought it would be more about research that one woman and I are thinking about. ... then the other woman pulled out the registration for the Wolf Creek Marathon Relay. Four people a total of 26.2 miles. I just said sure without really thinking about it. The shortest distance is 6.13miles but that leg is really hilly. I'd probably be better at the 6.2 that is just hilly at the beginning and the end. WWWWAAAIITT am I sounding rational? Like I can do this? Like 6.2 miles isn't that big of a deal? Like I've ever ran more than a 20 mins straight or 45 run/walking?

The date is Oct 3. I'm worried about how close it is. I want to challenge myself but I don't want to collapse on the side of the mountain after 4 miles. Not sure at this point. I'll decide in a few days.

Great news on the running front. Today at running club I ran 1.5 miles in 18mins. That's a 12min mile up and down hills! I was absolutely amazed by myself. Maybe it was the weather, a nice cool day. Maybe it was the route, a little up hill then a huge downhill that gave me the need for speed! or a nice warm up. Maybe it was my AWESOMENESS! [or the fact that I haven't been running much so my body was just ready to go]

Today's run gave me confidence about doing a longer run. But my brain also says 1.5miles is completely different than 6 miles. I guess if I wanted to push my body to failure like mentioned a couple of days ago, this would be the time!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Stop by my blog today when you have a chance, because I have something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the running success & awesomeness. Go Gett'em on the relay!

    ReplyDelete