Sunday, August 15, 2010

Saturday's Event

This Saturday was the Ridge Run. I volunteered to help at an aid station. Handing out water, orange slices, and energy gels. It was a necessity for the runners and I'm glad I could help....but it was pretty much a miserable morning.

At 5:30 AM I met up with the rest of the crew. Then we drove about and hour until we got to the no car zone. It started misting/sprinkling while we were driving. The road was so muddy we lost control for about 30 secs on the way. Then it was an 1.75 hr hike. You know I generally like hikes. Hikes where I can see the summit. This one was ok except I couldn't see more than 20 ft in front of me. And the hills were almost impossible to get up. Have you made fudge? Think about walking in that batter...up hill. The rest of the day I was shivering handing out cold water. Definitely a mental thing, I wanted warm weather and it rained. I wasn't really prepared, but I did it. And then spent the rest of the day on the couch under my comforter.

I wished I couldn't taken pictures to show you, but you can go to paint, paint bucket the page grey and see the same thing. The amazing thing of the day was the athletes in the race. This is one of the most technical 20mile races. There are people that finish it in 4.5hrs! They are literally running up and down mountains. It's incredible. I don't think I'll ever be able to do that. But I would love the drive to push their bodies to the limit.

What limit will you push past this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment