Thursday, July 15, 2010

I do what I’m told

As you may have noticed my aunt plans a lot of my activities. Tuesday is the band concert, Wednesday is running club, Thursday “Music on Main”, Friday is usually errands, and Sunday is hiking. Oh and there’s those 5K runs I get signed up for.

So now I’m sure your asking “What’s next?” My aunt started this idea about a month ago. I wasn’t sure about it but I have a year…to train for a half marathon! I’m a little intimidated I won’t lie. I figure I have a year to train, and I can always walk it.

I’ve been looking on the internet and most 1/2 marathon programs start with running 3 miles. So I think I’ll do the C25K then start either a program by Jeff Galloway or Marc Bravo. I’ll start training for a 5K, and then a 10K, then 10miles, then a half marathon. My friend also said joining a training group helps a lot. Would you really run 2hrs by yourself?

I’m not a crazy about running but it does make me feel accomplished. It’s also a good activity for our family. Most things are a lot more fun when you have a good group of people to work with.

What’s next for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment