Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Start and Scared

For lent I have given up dairy. I don't really drink milk since the doctor told me I was probably lactose intolerant. I still managed to eat a lot of cheese...and ice cream....and chocolate. So I'm giving it up. Since I'm intolerant hopefully it will help with my sinus infections (I heard there was a link between mucus and milk)  and my weight. Cheese is one of those sneaky calories. It tastes so simple and creamy and good but it's not.

I've started Isagenix which is a protein shake program. If (when) I stick to it I only have to deal with one non cheesy meal a day.

So on another note. Sometimes I realize I have irrational fears. Like being hit by a bicyclist while walking.  started thinking about going kayaking in Puget sound with whales. Just thinking about it gives me anxiety  Being so small next to something so HUGE. and the possibility of falling in the water and getting swept out to the middle of the ocean and then eaten by an orca. There's my most recent irrational fear.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. I was thinking about you just the other day. It is good to see a post from you.

    You might be surprised how much weight you can lose eliminating dairy. I had a friend that did that for lent one year and lost 30 lbs. She wasn't doing the meal replacement eithter. This is exciting for me. I can't wait to read about your success.

    It is funny what our minds do to us. You are bigger than those fears. Don't let them get you down.
    Lori
    PS I think the lack of dairy will help your sinues too.

    ReplyDelete