Thursday, April 7, 2011

Best Laid Plans....or ok barely articulated plans

But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!



I have not had time to write a blog. Well I have time I don't have the brain power to read and write post. Sorry. I haven't been logging my food so I'm sure I've gained weight but I'm avoiding the scale so there's no actual proof. So I have 3 jobs: at the gym, at an accountant's office, and rewriting a lab manual.Then I have an online course which has a final project of observing 6 life stages and writing a huge paper. And I'm training for a half marathon. And I'm knitting a baby blanket for a friend due in August. This rambling whining paragraph is how mushy my brain is. Maybe a best laid plan would have worked slightly better than an on going to do list. 


As far as the blog goes I'm doing my best. That is the best I can say right now. School is going pretty good. I actually am interested in the topics this week so I'm contributing to discussions and it doesn't seem so hard. I've observed almost all of the stages, just have to do college students. I might just go to campus and watch people in the union. 


Work is going well. My part is winding down but now I have more finalizing and filing to do. I keep thinking I'll get out early but there's always something to do! The manual isn't working on itself unfortunately. After tax season I should be able to organize my day better and fit more time in for that. 


FITNESS TIME! I've been slacking like WHOA! There are multiple reasons for this and a major one is a pain down my right hamstring. I finally went to a physical therapist yesterday. He said I probably have sciatica. That's an inflammation of a disk in my spine caused by weak muscles letting stuff jostle around too much. HERE'S THE THING: he said I need to strengthen my lower back and ab muscles, the core which will support my spine better. I saw him about a year ago about back pain and he gave me very similar exercises. I can't help but think this would have been prevented if I was more adamant about those exercises for the past year. BUT I've had tummy trouble and the last thing I want to do is crunches on a stomach ache. Not quite a catch-22 but close. He did suggest more exercises to help speed recovery and get me training faster. Before it was 20 crunches now its 50 crunches 2 times a day! No pain no gain? Maybe it should be no muscle aches and soreness no gain :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment