Sunday, February 13, 2011

EAT

That's what I've been doing today. But only because I was in the kitchen all day. Today I made dinner for my aunt and uncle and a ton of breakfasts for me.

Dinner was Mexican Casserole . It was the easiest thing to make!!! I might make it once a week just because it was that easy. Tasty too! You can't go too wrong with salsa, rice, and chicken.
First Breakfast: Maple quinoa from Jessica Seinfeld's Double Delicious. (I think this is the website, but she has a lot of recipes on Oprah's too) Great flavor. I need more practice making quinoa and I am not quite used to the texture. When I was in Bolivia quinoa was used as a side like rice, so eating it for breakfast is new and really different for me.Second Breakfast: Jessica's egg cups. I'm glad to have something quick to grab for breakfast. Usually I eat almond butter, and a banana. Which is fine, but I think eggs and turkey bacon and a banana will be better and more balanced and keep me full longer. ONE little problem: chickpeas. Maybe I was supposed to chop them super fine or cook them. The egg cup I tried didn't have enough egg and far too much chickpea which were crunchy. I'm not a fine of crunchy eggs.Third Breakfast: Crockpot Casserole. I haven't started this because I'm going to cook it overnight and wake up to yummy breakfast smells!
What meals do you have planned for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment