Friday, May 7, 2010

Cheater, Cheater, Ice Cream Eater

I did so well the first week. But I've been weighing my self in the morning and realizing I'm a cheater. Although I've put everything I eat in the food diary, I think my portions may be a bit off. Like I may have had 2 cups of ice cream last night instead of 1. I've come to this conclusion since my food diary says I overate about 100 calories and the scale says about 2 pound extra! Time to really concentrate on my diet and not be so casual.

Oh yeah and the fact that I have been eating ice cream is not good either. See I've recently been "diagnosed" as lactose intolerant. I use quotes since there wasn't really a test, I just stopped eating dairy and felt better and everytime I have milk my stomach makes noises and I feel gross. Which you'd think would make me stop all together....but well think about a hangover. You've felt really shitty, but those drinks tasted so good at the time. Now replace drinks with ice cream! soooo good and creamy and the perfect night cap....except it keeps me up :(

Dieting has been the hardest thing for me because I'm not very adventurous. I like cheese and meat, and sweets. And I tend to avoid well in my mind weirdo foods....like hummus, fish, real spicy stuff, ya know all those things to make meals flavorful after all that butter and fat and goodness is taken out. Sounds like I'm completely setting myself up for disaster and failure doesn't. OH MAN!! what to do?

How about a challenge? Try something weirdo this week. Maybe a different class, or equipment at the gym, or like me buying hummus and eating lettuce and fish this week. EEEW it sounds awful already but it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy. And I'm sure my blogs will get more interesting the more grossed out I am. So GO try something WEIRD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment