Friday, September 6, 2013

Airplane Food

My other blog is about m y traveling and moving to the UK but this one is about diet and stuff so I thought I'd go into detail about my meal. I was on British Airways from Chicago to London. I am lactose intollerant and my family has been trying a vegan diet. My mom found it because my dad's friend had luck with it. We are very big meat eaters but my mom wanted to try the vegan diet out. I do a lot better when I don't have milk product so I was ok...but I would sneak out for a hamburger once in a while.

On the flight I requested a vegan meal. Everyone should do that specifically because you get your food first so then you can get on with your movie or nap. The regular food was a cheesy chicken paska thing with cheese cake and a side salad. I had a WAY fancy salad with gross arugula and crap but my meal was better. I had a fruit cup with watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, and pineapple. It tasted great and I think my stomach liked it better than cheesecake. Instead of chicken pasta mash I had an eggplant tomato broccoli thing. I usually don't like eggplant but the airplane either cooked it better than I did or overcooked it, but it was great. Surprise surprise an airplane meal is making me rethink eggplant!

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave soul. Moving to another country AND eating eggplant on an airplane - WOW! I know you'll do well.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete