Sunday, August 1, 2010

...almost ON the tracks


Ok my last post was more talk than walk. I wanted to eat well...but after vacation there's not much food in the fridge. After I went grocery shopping the food part went a lot better, but then I had to make myself move. I literally had to FORCE myself to go to the gym. You know how it starts: just put the gym clothes on, then get your bag ready, then go to the gym, start a machine and say just 20 mins. I rode my bike to the gym and when I was tired, it started to pour! I hopped on the elliptical for another 30mins.

Today was pretty much on plan. I went for a hike and then came home and had a foot soak. I love pampering my feet, since they carry me on all these hikes, bikes, and elliptical machines. I've had some trouble with my feet overheating, and the soak and exfoliating helps a lot. I had a hard time on the hike today. Michigan has thicker air than Montana and so I had to take a lot more breaks today. Even just a week in Michigan got me used to that air, where I have to be in Montana for months to get used to the air. Hopefully I get my mountain lungs back quicker though since I have a race on Saturday!

OOOOOH I also have some exciting news! It's a lot late but Lori gave me the Versatile Blogger award! I got her note right before I left for vacation and didn't have time to do a post about it.
Thank you Thank your Lori!!! Following some of the rules, here are 7 things about myself
  1. I'm an engineering student, but I'd also like to become a physics teacher
  2. I have a great housemate: my cousin!
  3. I drink water like a fish
  4. I like cold weather better than hot, it's a lot easier for me to sleep.
  5. I don't have an air conditioner. A heating guy came to fix my gramma's A/C and said no one under 30 lives without A/C but I don't!! My past 2 houses had none but were also very shady.
  6. My favorite TV shows are The Office and Psych
  7. I like working out my arms because it's easiest to see the definition!
The other thing I'm supposed to do is pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs...unfortunately I don't have 15. I found my newest blogs from reading post that awarded the Versatile Blogger. I will be looking for new blogs now I'm back at home. Where do you find new blogs? I usually look at the followers of the blogs I follow, and I can search on blogger too.

3 comments:

  1. Cool - physics was one of my fave classes in college! My kids are addicted to Psych, addicted I tell you!!

    The award looks great on you, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My to be son in law has a phD in quantum computer physics. He loves it :) I haven't had A/C for the last 10 years!
    Congratulations on the award

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are working your way back to a routine. Me too (finally). Let's both keep it up.

    ReplyDelete